Raoof Haghighi is a self- taught versatile artist who has participated in over 55 group and 40 solo shows in the United States, France, Iran, Czech Republic, and United Kingdom.
His paintings are mostly oil on canvas and built upon his strong cultural traditions as well as his interest in the changing world of today. His work often combines contemporary ideas with traditional techniques.
In his paintings, he has quite often questioned the attitudes, fears, conflicts, incompatibilities, and unwritten rules which have formed our environment and our behaviour within it.
In 2017, he was crowned the winner of the Gold Memorial Bowl award for best miniature work nominated by Royal Society of Miniature Painters And the winner of two awards for best pure colored pencil and Great art award for best other subject at Annual UK Coloured Pencil Society Open International Exhibition.
- Jun/August 2010 Bolton Museum, Great Manchester, United Kingdom, two Months
- Dec 2009 Empty Spaces Chelsea Library, London, United Kingdom, two weeks
- 1995 to 2008 – 38 Solo exhibitions in Shiraz and Tehran, Iran.
- Winner of the Gold Memorial Bowl award for best miniature work in the exhibition at the Royal Society of Miniature Painters 2017.
- Winner of two awards in Annual UK Coloured Pencil Society Open International Exhibition 2017
- Overall winner of Jackson’s competition ‘Drawn in competition’ – 25th November 2016
- Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year 2014 London Heat winner
- Runner-Up Winner of Artist of the Year 2013 by Artist & Illustrator Magazine
- Overall winner, Artist of the Year 2011, Artist & Illustrator Magazine
- Recognized with an Honorary Master degree in Art (MA) from the Supreme Council of the Cultural Revolution by the Minister for his contribution to the arts and teaching, May 2010
- Overall Winner, Fars Province, Iran Student’s Artistic Festival (Coloured Pencil), August 1994
- Second overall, Iran Student’s Artistic Festival (Coloured Pencil), January 1994;
- Overall Winner, Iranian Students Artistic Festival, August 1993
- Third overall in the Iranian Students Artistic Festival (Coloured Pencil), February 1992
You may be interested
How to Make Homework Machine at HomeMike Pontino - Oct 02, 2018
Learn How to make homework writing and drawing machine at home using Stepper motor. You can make this type of automatic writing machine…
Beauty, Harmony, Order, And Truth In Nature By Robert A. McKayMike Pontino - Oct 02, 2018
Robert A. McKay strives to capture the animated spirit of the figure and landscape through a painterly approach. "I endeavor to capture the…